Friday, October 28, 2005

Glue Wars

Mrs. Pringles, the ol' lady who works at the craftin' place din't hand me none glue t'day. Norm'ly, I just sit dere an' help out the young'ns with deir projects, but I can tell she don't like me much. So I sat dere, with a sheet 'o constructin' paper an some glitter, watchin' Harvey bein' able to eat his glue. Just wasn't fair. He'ws savorin' it in fronta me an' everthang. I asked if he'd like to trade it for the glitter, but he said no. Guess I cain't blame 'im though, glitter tastes like copper pennies.

“C'nah please have some glue?” I says.

“No Obes. Mrs. P says you'd eat it all,” he says.

“Hey, you eats paste too!”

“That's 'cuz it's my paste!”

“So you ain't ev'n gonna share none'a it?”

He shook his head and b'gan cuttin' his paper. I snatched the glue 'way from 'im.

“Give that back, you bully!” He says, and sterts hittin' me on the stomach. It din't hurt none, I got a gut like steel.

“Hey, no hitting, Harvey! Sit down!” Mrs. Pringles said.

“But he's got my glue-”

“I'ws on'ee borrowin' it-”

“Harvey, sit down!” That ol lady was furious. “Kenobi, get out.”

“But-”

“I said, get out.” She said those last two words all whisper-like, but she sounded ready to essplode.

“Rightey then.”

I left the room, thinkin' of how I'ws gonna git more paste. Young'ns git all the freedom. Sumtimes, I'd give anything to be one o' them again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Eww, I can see that my comment follows a spam comment. Ick.

Anyway, I'm here via Michele's. Have a great weekend.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Jawa Juice said...

The scriptures of Fluke say, “Paste is darn tasty.” So what’s good for Fluke is good for us.
And it makes your blast helmet all shiny like.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Kenobi!

Told you to stay away from the Younglings, I have!

Remember do you not that one time when digest the paste completely you did not, and then, uh, pry you open at one end, the medical droid had to? Want to repeat that do you?

Like talking to a brick wall this is.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home